Coasts and Cols Tour - Day 0 - 'The Adventure Begins'

After months of planning, preparation, bike tinkering and modifications, I have finally set off. It's a strange sensation; a mix of excitement, trepidation and nerves.

This will be a journey, in more ways than one. It is my first solo multi-day expedition. It is my first ride doing this kind of mileage and elevation gain, on a fully loaded bike. It will be a physical and mental test, for sure; but I am also sure it will be an enjoyable one.

As I write this post, crossing the Bay of Biscay in a Force 9 gale, I sit looking at my pencil trace on my maps. Contours, rivers and peaks... that excites me.

I'm looking forward to reaching the coast of Spain, and heading south and east - into the mountains. The 'Coasts and Cols' has finally begun!

View the full route details here



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SwissStop Disc Brake Pads Comparison Test Review – Are All Disc Brake Pads Made Equal?

Recipe – The Ultimate High Energy Flapjacks

Review – Selle Italia SLR Boost Gravel Superflow Saddle S3

Review – Scicon Aerocomfort 3.0 TSA Road Bike Bag

Review – TRP Spyre SLC Cable Disc Brakes