Recipe: Blueberry and Pecan Sprouted Oat Pancakes
Rude Health site, which uses oats, bananas and coconut milk. Perfect!
Combining Rude Health's Sprouted Porridge Oats with nutty pecans, blueberries and coconut, it makes an incredibly tasty breakfast or dessert. Well worth trying!
The below recipe is an adapted version (made easier) of one originally written by Anna Jones (A Modern Way to Eat).
Ingredients: Makes 8 little pancakes
- 100g Rude Health Sprouted Oats
- Generous handful of pecan nuts (50g), roughly chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 150ml Rude Health Coconut Drink or Almond Drink
- 200g of blueberries
- Blitz the oats until you have a scruffy oat flour. Add to a bowl with the pecans and throw in the baking powder and salt.
- Mix the mashed banana with the dairy-free milk (you could blitz them in a food processor). Beat the banana mixture into the flour and leave the batter to sit for a few minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat with a little coconut oil or butter. Drop in a healthy tablespoonful of batter for each pancake.
- Once the sides are cooked and bubbles have risen to the top, scatter over a handful of blueberries and flip the pancakes over. Cook for another couple of minutes on the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup, a squeeze of lime and some crumbled pecan.
Perfect pre-ride fuel!
View this recipe and many more at RudeHealth.com (Link)