COMPETITION: The SportPursuit Photo Competition: 'Your Best Cycling Moment Of 2012"

To celebrate the blog reaching 30,000 views this month (one of my Objectives for 2012), SportPursuit has very kindly offered to run a photo competition through the blog, with a fantastic set of Smart Lunar 25 Lux Lights as a prize for the best entry! RRP £45! They are the ideal lights for anyone continuing to brave the urban winter commute.

The competition will be open until the 18:00 on the 16th December. Entries should reflect the 'Best moment for you in the 2012 season'. Included in your entry should be a few sentences to caption the photo, explaining why that moment was so special and what made it top your rankings.


How to Enter:
1) Join SportPursuit through the following link (if you haven't already): http://www.sportpursuit.com/join/timwigginsblog

2) Send your entry and your few sentences description to timwigginscycling@gmail.com with the subject name "SportPursuit Photo Competition Entry"

3) If you have signed up to the website your entry will be posted on this blogpost...so keep checking back to suss out the rivals!


Once all the entries have come in on the evening of the 16th December I will let my family pick a winner, and send out the prize!
What are you waiting for? Get searching those photo albums and good luck!



Peter Akrill
"So here's a photo taken by the fantastic James Kirby of myself and two other team mates asleep on the Queen's Balmoral Estate, after 3 days of non stop racing in the Adidas Terrex Sting in Stirling, we were 3km from a transition to a 24 hour trek stage, when we couldn't pedal any further, so we snook off and snoozed in the grass. Which is when the media team found us!

And the follow on from this picture is this conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcMapw5g98c
That race was the highlight of my year!"




Theo Wing
"I did my first triathlon with a group of five friends from The Portsmouth Grammar School this September for the Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust on the Isle of Wight. It was a great experience and we'll all definitely be coming back for more of the great views and horrible hills next year."













Anna Brooks
"Hi Tim. My boyfriend and I came to the Isle of Wight back in July after reading your blogpost on weekend trip ideas. We had a fantastic time, this photo was taken at Compton Bay car park, we stopped off for lunch here on our route. We completed the round the island route over two days, staying at Carpenters Farm campsite near Bembridge. It was a wonderful weekend, certainly the highlight of my cycling year. Thanks for all the great info on your blog. Anna"









Peter Roberts
"Having recently retired and bought a bike for the first time, I have become interested in all forms of cycling. Never having seen a CX race I went along to watch the action. The terrain was tough and there were races for all ages, though not everyone was able to complete the course. For this despondent young lad, his race was over"

















William Russell
"Attached is a photo of the london to paris cycle ride I did with some of my colleagues at Tribesports last month. Finishing the cycling season going to Paris was not a bad way to cap the season."











Sam Baker
"One of my best moments of the 2012 season was completing my first ever mountain bike night ride at Builth Wells in Wales at the CRC Night Marathon. I had never done one before I knew it was going to be interesting. Once it got dark I soon realised my Hope Vision 1 light wasn't quite up for the job, with snow on the ground in places and steep drops next to very technical single track, I soon wanted it to be over. With my team-mate having trouble with his light which kept turning off when it got bumpy, we soon had a big scary challenge on our hands! We finally made it to the finish and the sense of achievement was huge! This photo now reminds me what an epic night and weekend we both had and what I put myself through. Now I'm pleased to say I love night riding on the local trails with the lads."




John Curtis
"My photo is of my boy. He's had a good year cycling wise and we have some good photos to show for it. He presented both Cav and Wiggo with pictures when the Tour of Britain reached Stoke on Trent. Then, along with the rest of his club mates, he was signing his autograph for many of the kids that had come to watch. Brilliant day. My fave photo though is the attached. Taken after he had won the clubs U7's hill climb championship (with a new club record too!) It's his first victory and he was pleased. However he was much happier that his friend won the U12 boys race. The photo just makes me feel so happy when I look at it, great day, great ride and most important, a great kid too (most of the time!)."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SwissStop Disc Brake Pads Comparison Test Review – Are All Disc Brake Pads Made Equal?

Recipe – The Ultimate High Energy Flapjacks

Review – Selle Italia SLR Boost Gravel Superflow Saddle S3

Review – TRP Spyre SLC Cable Disc Brakes

Review – Scicon Aerocomfort 3.0 TSA Road Bike Bag