Recipe: High Energy Flapjacks
- 200g butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- ½ black treacle
- 300g porridge oats
- 100g raisins
- 75g soft-dried figs
- 50g soft-dried apricots
- Set the oven to 150°C or 140°C for fan-assisted oven. Place the shelf in the middle.
- Stick a big pan on the scales, and measure in the butter and brown sugar
- Heat the pan on the hob until the butter and sugar are all melted nicely.
- Add a tablespoon of golden syrup and half a tablespoon of treacle to the mix
- Add the porridge oats and your fruit(s) of choice, and mix together well.
- Line a shallow medium-sized rectangular tin with baking paper, grease the paper, and pour in mixture. Flatten it down to an even thickness with the back of a spoon.
- Stick it in the oven for 20 mins.
- Once done for 20 mins, remove and divide up with a knife as desired; then leave it to cool and set.
- To store: Wrap in cling-film or put in a sealed tub, and they should last for a couple of weeks.